Mobile Car Servicing
CARCLUB provides major, minor and logbook mobile car servicing onsite throughout metro Melbourne. Our qualified technicians make servicing easy. We’ll [...]READ MORE -
CAR CARE TIPS
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR CAR FOR A ROAD TRIP
Whether you’re travelling miles around Australia or just a day trip to the coast, it’s important to check whether your vehicle is up to the task.
How can CarClub help?
Schedule a service or pre departure tune-up to make sure of the following:
- Oil levels and quality of oil is up to standard.
- Air filter is clean allowing for a healthier engine.
- Brake pads aren’t worn or in need of replacing.
- Battery is fully charged and the terminals are clean.
These checks can be completed by a CarClub mobile technician at your home or workplace, anywhere in Melbourne
What can you do at home?
The following can be performed by you at home:
- Check tyre wear and pressure. The tyre pressure information is printed on the side of the tyre. A worn tyre is far more dangerous, both in terms of grip available to the driver and an increased chance of a blowout.
- Long trips can cause the car to overheat, checking the water levels before you leave will dramatically reduce the chance of a breakdown.
- Make sure headlights and indicators are working. You don’t want a driving infringement to ruin your road trip.
It’s important to ensure you have emergency equipment including a spare tyre and tools in case of a flat tyre.
Also, depending on your destination it’s a good idea to bring extra supplies, such as water, food and a blanket, in case of a break down in an isolated area.
CarClub wishes you a safe and enjoyable journey on your holiday travels, and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
CAR CARE TIPS MELBOURNE