Mobile Car Servicing
CARCLUB provides major, minor and logbook mobile car servicing onsite throughout metro Melbourne. Our qualified technicians make servicing easy. We’ll [...]READ MORE -
CAR CARE TIPS
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR CAR FOR A ROAD TRIP
Whether you’re travelling miles around Australia or just a day trip to the coast, it’s important to check whether your vehicle is up to the task.
How can CarClub help?
Schedule a service or pre departure tune-up to make sure of the following:
- Oil levels and quality of oil is up to standard.
- Air filter is clean allowing for a healthier engine.
- Brake pads aren’t worn or in need of replacing.
- Battery is fully charged and the terminals are clean.
These checks can be completed by a CarClub mobile technician at your home or workplace, anywhere in Melbourne
What can you do at home?
The following can be performed by you at home:
- Check tyre wear and pressure. The tyre pressure information is printed on the side of the tyre. A worn tyre is far more dangerous, both in terms of grip available to the driver and an increased chance of a blowout.
- Long trips can cause the car to overheat, checking the water levels before you leave will dramatically reduce the chance of a breakdown.
- Make sure headlights and indicators are working. You don’t want a driving infringement to ruin your road trip.
It’s important to ensure you have emergency equipment including a spare tyre and tools in case of a flat tyre.
Also, depending on your destination it’s a good idea to bring extra supplies, such as water, food and a blanket, in case of a break down in an isolated area.
CarClub wishes you a safe and enjoyable journey on your holiday travels, and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
CAR CARE TIPS MELBOURNE
Misconceptions and mistruths about low cost car service coupons and deals.
While it may seem cheap and easy, these deals come with a number of hidden problems.
If you read the fine print, the price you pay for the coupon usually only includes basic labour, what they don’t tell you is that any parts and extra labour required will be charged at inflated prices. They may then try to convince you to go ahead with unnecessary alterations.
Mechanics who offer coupon deals don’t make money unless further work is completed, this incentivises them to coerce customers into spending more but also means they will be using lower quality products on the initial deal.
In essence the coupon is their way of getting you in the door before they pressure you into additional services.
So what seems like a good investment at the time can turn into a large bill you had not planned for. Find a reliable and honest mechanic who will be upfront about all costs and will treat you with respect.
CarClub Australia will quote the entire job before work commences so there’ll be no nasty surprises at the end. The team speak to you in terms you can understand so you’re always aware of everything that’s being done to your vehicle.